Gun Identification

umstud

Help. Today I recieved a flier advertising subscription to Guns Magazine. On the back of the flier is a 1911 on a Les Baer frame. This gun is very attractive and I would be interested in getting one. I contacted Les Baer and after I described the checkering pattern to them they confirmed that the gun was not built by them and they had no idea who built it. Did anyone on TFL get this flier and can give some info regarding the Smith who built it. I would like to scan a pic of the gun and post it, but I dont know how to get it in. Help with this also. :confused:

[This message has been edited by umstud (edited January 07, 2000).]

I got that flier a couple of days ago, but didn't pay any attention to it. I'll find it and scan it tonight.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

I do believe that pistol with the interesting checkering pattern was built by Krebs Gunsmithing of Vernon Hills, Illinois. I remember coming across that picture of it in an American Handgunner issue a while back.

Back