gun holsters

loknload

Anyone know of a company that still makes lined holsters? I'm looking for a decently priced shoulder holster that is lined. Everything I see seems to be unlined or one of those nylon codura with the black web straps.
Thanks in advance........

Happy Holidays and Happy Shooting.... :)

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

I have not research this lately, but it seems to me as if holster linings are falling from favor. The argument given is that the lining (suede or whatever) can actually trap dirt and therefore be more damaging to the gun's fininsh.

We're also getting into a trend toward more finely boned holsters that conform very closely to the gun's dimensions. It's hard to get that kind of definition with soft materials.

The best I have come across; Mitch Rosen, out of Manchester NH. (be prepared for sticker shock, but the quality and workmansip are superb) SPG

Some makers offer them in lined and unlined versions. Try Milt Sparks but be prepared to wait a bit since there's a backlog.

Galco makes some lined models, but their catalog doesn't say that their shoulder rigs are lined. I have a Phoenix (belt) for my Mountain Gun. Pretty nice, but a little over-priced compared to Alessi and Sparks, and it's definitely not a CCW rig. Have a Rosen lined piece for a 1911--a lot of bang for a lot of bucks. If Alessi or Sparks can give you what you want I'd go with them if cost is a factor, Alessi especially for the dollar value; still being first-rate work. Remember too, that even if some makers don't list it, you can have custom modifications made to some pieces in their lines.
I ordered rigs from all the above last summer. and with the exception of Alessi (10 day delivery), they were all in the 12 week delivery range. Good luck.

Back