?GUN GAMES WITH COMPENSATORS?

EQUALIZER

Besides IPSC open, what other shooting sports use compensators and how can I find out if they are near my area, (S.W. PA/ N.Central WV). I would like to build a .45 for carry and would like to stay proficient with it by competing. If this is not an option, I'm thinking about setting up a range on my land for friend, neighbors, and family. I want my new dream gun to have a compensator since concealability and carry comfort seems to be dependent on the grip rather than barrel length for ITWB carry, right? Any opinions?

------------------

You can build a compensated Commander that will end up being a 5" gun - no problems with extra length or finding holsters.

We had a compensator come off a 45 during club rapid individual shooting . It just plopped off onto the tarpaulin. We couldn't help but laugh but it does happen. Might be one to remember if you are threading your own !

Schuemann makes a Hybrid barrel with ports at the muzzle end thus the gun is no longer than stock. They come in all lenghts. They also have hybrid comp barrels with both hybrid ports and larger compensator ports at the end of the barrel. These barrels are available with a dovetail for a front site blade for open sights. These guns are VERY loud and you don't want to be above the ports when it goes off. Check out the vendor pages of USPSA.org

I think I made the mistake of putting the most important Q first and lost everybody by the end of the paragraph. Can you help?

Q:Besides IPSC open, what other shooting sports use compensators and how can I find out if they are near my area, (southwestern PA/ N.central WV)?

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Back