• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Gun Forums

CrazyIvan007

I came here and found a good group of adult-acting folks, and am very happy to be here so far.

One thing I noticed is the lack of separatoin of firearms.

I know some sites go into detail with specific model-type or brands. I don't think that is necessary. But, it would be good to have separate forums for say "Military Rifles" and "Non-Military Rifles" as well as "Semi Auto Handguns" and "Revolvers" and "All other handguns".

I love talking military rifles and guns, but I find myself drown out by hunter-types...and a lot of hunter-types don't get along too well with folks who enjoy target shooting/sport shooting with AK's and AR-15's, M-14's, M1's etc... Not to say a written brawl would break out, but I know when I go into a hunting shop looking for .223 rounds, the guy behind the counter treats me like I'm a freak or something. I kinda get the same feel online when in a forum with hunter folk.

Just a thought.

I agree there should be some seperation in the forum only because it makes navigating easier. When I'm looking for an AR-15 topic I have to go through a bunch of "The Art of the Rifle" pages to find some. If I'm looking for a Springfield Armory 1911 topic I have to go through lots of Handgun General or Handgun Semi-Auto pages. I know this would mean a big upgrade to the site and would be alot of work but if you look at places like AK47.net/AR15.com there is a topic for everything there. Not saying to make your site that in depth but its to give you an idea.

You guys have a great site but because its a forum for ALL firearm enthusiasts with ALL types of firearms I think they should have alittle bit easier time finding what they are looking for.

it's not necessarily that I am looking for anything in particular. Just browsing would be easier. If I am thinking about AR-15, I don't want to necessarily see a bunch of bolt-action-related threads. But, a search for AR-15 may leave out a lot of AR-15 related topics.

Segregation leads to mistrust and misconceptions. If all you read is stuff that totally agrees with you, what's the point? That's the reason I don't go to the other forums anymore. You say "AKs rule!" and all the drones repeat after you "AKs rule!" Sort of an exercise in mental masturbation. You leave the forum saying "Everybody is just like me!" When you actually meet someone who prefers bolt action rifles, you feel singled out and start spouting gibberish about the superiority of this ammo or that bayonet. I would rather have an open forum where there is free communication about ideas and issues. We can talk about things, we can share ideas, and when we sign off we don't have to feel like we were attacked just for liking plastic grip panels over African Zebrawood or some such nonsense.

Scorch, it is more about wanting to see sections related to different weapons so when you want to find info or discuss a particular gun, you don't have to filter through a bunch of unrelated topics.

Back