Gun Control vs Civil Rights

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured -

Sounds like gun control, in addition to being un-Constitutional could also be considered a violation of our civil rights. Where is the ACLU when you need them.

Peace...
Keith

Keith, we'll be smart, IMHO, to begin treating this as a civil rights issue. Marches, signs, civil disobedience, etc. For most of us, including me, this doesn't come naturally. But, I think we're getting close to where this will be our best move.

As Dennis suggested, we won't call our enemies 'racists' - we'll call them 'Brownshirts'. They're not the 'anti-gun' lobby - they're the 'anti-self defense lobby'. It is high time we demonize them for what they are.

KAM: read my reply to Blitzkrieg in the general discussion forum click on where to move in AZ. Give you any ideas where this is being handled? If their are any readers from Tuscola Co. out there contact me.

[This message has been edited by Gunfounder (edited June 19, 1999).]

Thanks for the link KAM!

In the above URL the ACLU makes the following statement........

.........<snip>
But as soon as we allow governmental regulation of any weapons, we have broken the dam of Constitutional protection. Once that dam is broken, we are not talking about whether the government can constitutionally restrict arms, but rather what constitutes a reasonable restriction.
<snip>.....

Looks like we need to fix the dam.

Jon...

Back