gun carts

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Do you use a cart/caddy and is it "Westernized"? Personally I just use a nylon shooting bag but I hope to build a cart in the future. BTW, saw an electric cart shaped like a Connestoga with a two horse team on a hinged tree a while back. The tree steered the wagon via tiller if I remember correctly. I think it was in one of my CAS videos.

Howdy,

For awhile,I used a golf pull cart that had been "westernized"-I got a lot of compliments on it. However,it took up a lot of room in my Integra hatchback,and I recently built one that allows the upright handle part to be removed,and this can fit into the rear of my car with no problems,and I don't have to take it out after every shoot. Plus,it has a lot more storage room and provides a place to sit,which my golf cart didn't have. I only have a jigsaw and a drill,but that was sufficent,and everything-wheels,axle,wood,hardware and paint-cost me about $50. One way to add to the rustic look,which I have been considering,would be to get one of those wood burning kits and burn your alias into the wood somewhere on the cart.

Bellicose Bill

WOW! You can go crazy there..and I swear some have! My first cart consisted of a cool golf cart I found. I added "western appeal": A wooden gun barrel rack,a old Jack Daniels whiskey box to put the gun butts into, saddle bags, a tin cup, and my rifle belt o' bullets-looked cool and was functional. Whenever I know I can get away with it though- I just take my belts and saddlebags. Lately, the 'shoots' I attend have set up gun racks so I can just take the bags and belts and carry the guns-its nice!

Back