• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Gun Board under attack?

FUD

The last time TFL was having problems (like it is now with multiple posts and the General forum not working), the Weapons board was down and today the Weapons board (along with a couple of other gun boards) is also down. Maybe I'm just bored, but could this be "planned" (as in hostile computer attack) by somebody?

I'm truly sorry Rich, but I just gotta do this:

Double tap, double tap! Rich just did a double tap!

[This post will self destruct in 1/2 hour.]

Mal, shame on you. :D Just for that you will be docked one weeks moderator pay. ;)

Hang in there Rich, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

------------------
Gunslinger TFL Imperial Potentate

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

That one's for the books! I'll leave it up. ;) Blame it on Adelphia cable and Operator Error...connection went down and I left the browser open.

"Think twice, Post Once" Doh!
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited June 12, 2000).]

Rich. I had all kinds of trouble yesterday, and when I logged on today, the General forum was conspicuous by it's absence.
Yesterday, it took so long for my posts to be entered that AOL timed me out. Thinking that my message did not get through, I resent it, got timed out, resent it again, got timed out, and said the heck with it, and went into a grand funk for hours. Ask my wife. She said I growled for several hours. It did leave me a bit confused, because several other forums I participate in worked fine. Oh well. Confusion reigns. In my case, it's a steady downpour.
Paul B.

Rich,
The double-taps aren't too bad. It's the "full-auto-til-the-bolt-locks-back" ones that are annoying. I saw one in Hanguns & Pistolcraft that went 11 posts.

Eric

------------------
Formerly Puddle Pirate.
Teach a kid to shoot.
It annoys the antis.
"But Officer I HAVE to have all these guns in the truck, I'm going to TFL End of Summer Meet"

It post the message when the conection times out, In fact I posted a double tap admonishing sigfan for a triburst because the error message :0. The other gun board I frequent(it will remain unamed due to some possible violent reactions) is also slightly screwed up, but mainly because it frequently completely crashes, sometimes for days. Rich, your at least keeping most of the board online, so your doing a better job than some I know.

Back