Gun belt

Looking for a gun belt for shooting comps. What do you guys recommend? I have looked at a couple different types but nothing really looks good. Thanks for your help

I have an Aker, a couple of bigfoots, a Hanks and an instructor belt. The leather ones all look great and don't look tactical. The Aker is over 20 years old.

What kind of competitions? In IDPA, the belt must go through the pants belt loops; in USPSA, you can wear an inner belt/keeper system, which is much more convenient.

Larry

Don't see this online anywhere. I have a wilderness tac 5 stitch that i outgrew. Never liked the velcro much...

Look for a Propper 180 belt; double layer, five stitch nylon (like the Wilderness) but with a 'normal' buckle and no velcro. Runs around $15 online.

Larry

I use every day and recommend the Kore Essential's Trakline Gun Belt!
A fellow worker turned me on to it.
I have the X1 Gun Buckle & Black Reinforced Top-Grain Leather Belt Set
They are not the cheapest Gun Belt but worth every penny...at least to me.
I wear it even if I am not carrying...the days of old style belt with holes are gone for me.
It comes in handy after a large meal too..Release the belt a few clicks and your good to go!
Your not trying to unlatch it for another hole that may or may not be how much you wanted to adjust it.

Link: http://https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

How it works:

https://www.koreessentials.com/pages/how-it-works

Mackie244 / Bud

Last edited:
I own several wilderness instructor belts and can’t recommend them enough. For competition I use a 1.5” 5-stitch with the polymer insert.

I bought a Beltman belt. When I needed it to be resized I ordered a second one as well. Great service and I have been happy with them going a bit over a year now of wearing one of the two nearly every day (and the one gets worn the vast majority)

I have a belt from The Beltman with the internal stiffener. This is the first $100+ belt I've ever had so I was skeptical to spend this much money. However, after getting the belt I realized that I should have bought one a long time ago. While I haven't owned any others to compare, this thing has been better than I ever thought a belt could be. Even when I'm not carrying my gun, I can't stand to wear a regular belt after trying this thing. The quality is outstanding and the belt does a much better job holding up my pants with or without a gun. I would highly recommend it, and I'll likely order another one in black.

This is the first $100+ belt I've ever had

I don't get it?
Unless you just want to pay for fancy leather to wear with your suit or something....Why would you pay that AND deal with Belt holes?

After getting a Kore Trakline belt I will never deal with belt holes and buckles again!
A Kore Trakline can adjust to a quarter of a inch click at a time making the belt the exact size that you need.
Need to snug your belt up or let it out just a little, it's easy, with belt holes they are rarely where I need them..either too tight or too loose!

But it is what it is..enjoy!
Still...I just don't get it!

Mackie244 / Bud

I was also looking for a every day carry belt . The Kore Essentials EDC is the one I went with . You should give the tactical belt a hard look . Rated much higher then the carry , their buckle system is the best out there.

Chris

Back