Gun belt

Brando1992

I am curious what people are saying are the best gun belts for the money right now...

My 5.11 gun belt is starting to fall apart so I want to replace it. I don't have a preference between nylon or leather I just want it stiff.

The ones I've looked at so far are SOE EDC belt and Aliengear. Any thoughts on these two or suggestions of others to look into?

If you don't have a local saddle shop that can make you a belt then I 2nd the Belt Man.
www.thebeltman.net

If you do have a local saddle maker call him and see if he can help you out.
They can custom make you a belt that will last a lifetime.

I replaced my crappy "leather" 5.11 casual belt with a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer belt. (1.5", 5 stitch, "ez-fit" options, each of which added a bit to the price.)

I'm happy so far with it.

I have two very old and excellent belts, both very stiff yet flexible enough to be comfortable.
One is leather from a harness maker who was at a re-enactment.
The other is a wide webbing style scuba diving belt with a metal buckle.
Both are so good that I've never wanted anything else.
And both were inexpensive, too.
In the twenty plus years I've had them, I haven't had to get longer ones.
At least not yet. :)

Check out Aker B21......troop turned me to this about 4 years ago and I wear it daily with no problems. Sig IWB at 5 o'clock. Still as stiff as day I bought it!
Dan
;)

I have two 14yr old Milt Sparks belts. One leather and one sharkskin. The sharkskin rarely gets worn and still looks like new. The other one gets worn non-stop and has been to every gun class I've ever taken, IDPA, range trip, etc. It isn't all that pretty anymore; but still very functional. With all the wear and tear, it is starting to actually go from all worn and ugly to cool and hipstery.

Riggers belt, real US made Riggers belt. I have been wearing one every day practically under less then ideal circumstances for 10+ years and it is still in great shape.

Belts are one of those items I don't recommend buying cheap MIC stuff. All the cheap ones tend to fail quickly.

I've used an Aker B21 on a daily or every-other-daily basis for ~6.5 years. I'll probably need to replace it within the year, but it has held up well. At ~$55, it's turned out to be a very good deal.

I alternate it with a DeSantis Econobelt. I bought that one on clearance for ~$15 about 4 years ago, so it was a steal. It's technically an "underbelt," but nobody has ever commented on that.

Brando1992 - Sadly 2 years ago I lost my saddle maker.
She suffered a hand injury and had to give up the business.
There is a guy out in Alvarado on cr917 I plan on visiting soon.
I don't know the name of the shop but know where it is.
I use to live out off 917.
I would like another belt for dress occasions.

i love my Kore Essentials gun belt. instead of the regular hook and hole it has a track that locks in. Sorta like a zip tie.

Back