Gun Auction? Question for the members....

Hey guys a word from your service provider..

Spark and I are putting the finishing touches on an Auction site for knives. Just curious to see if you all would like us to add guns to the mix and if you are aware of any gun auctions sites?

Also what categories would we need?
Long Guns
Hand Guns

Thanks...

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.bladeforums.com

Hi Mike,
In a word, HELL YES! Oh, that was two words huh. :)

I'm a Gun Auction junkie so I use several sites. EBay used to be the best until they dumped on the gun owners. Now the most popular ones seem to be www.auctionarms.com and www.gunbroker.com There are several others, but they don't seem to have the numbers of users yet.

Good luck with the project, and thanks for not running screaming into the night over the thought of gun sales.

------------------
TJS

If you do please add it here

Auctions and Classifieds

There are 15 gun auction and classifieds sites listed there. Gunbroker and one or two other Auction sites are the only real active auction sites.
I'd say gunsamerica is the most popular classified site.
Most are pretty dead. Every man and his dog is starting gun auction sites now. Including me :) Soon I'll be spliiting off my auctions, classifieds and ezine into another 3 distinct sites.
It's damn hard work or just luck to have a good auction or classifieds site. I've seen one giving away ar-15's and others pay to advertise to promote their site.
Fortunately I have heavy traffic for that type of person as you can see by the number of click throughs to auction sites. I wish I'd get paid for all those click throughs.

If there are any dealers around here , if you keep your guns inventory on a database - I need a few more dealers to help try out and test a new MYsql PHP classifieds system -(free of course) Just email me from my site.

------------------
New FREE Gun Auctions at http://www.gun-center.com/auctions.html

Some idiot has been messing with the ratings for the auction sites at my site and voting multiple times. When I catch them they are gonna pay.
This is just to let you know to ignore those ratings I'm going to have to reset them now.
:(
It's a pity because they give people an idea of how good a site others think it is.
Just going to my logs now to find out who. I will have my revenge!!!!!!!!

------------------
New FREE Gun Auctions at http://www.gun-center.com/auctions.html

Well you have spoken, you have asked, and ye shall receive!

I am scripting the disclaimer for the gun auction portion of our site. We should have those categories up VERY soon. So visit the link Spark put up and look for them soon.

Thank for you help and if you guys have any suggestions please put them in the auction forum we set up at BF.

After I set it up I will need to know if there are any gun specific issues I may have missed.

Thanks!

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.bladeforums.com

Back