Gun Accessory Survey Takers Needed

anthonysager

Inactive
Hi everyone I am working on a research project for my masters around potential new products within the tactical and sportsman industries. If I could ask for 5 minutes of your time to fill out the survey below I would greatly appreciate it. As a result if any products or services come out of this project as a result I will give a 50% coupon code to ALL members of TheFiringLine.com

I really appreciate your help

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/65MYZMP

Some things to consider about the survey design:
What is the difference between "pieces of shooting equipment" and "accessories"?

Between rifle, pistol, shotgun, archery and air rifle/pistol the "top accessories" could well change and then "never" is meaningless. Also going to an indoor range versus an outdoor informal range the "never" list changes for me. And I never worry about a hunting license or tag at the range but make sure they are available when hunting.

The 1-10 ranking scale, besides the fact that the scale has no midpoint that could be picked (HINT: middle of 1-10 is 5.5), a single ranking for comfort for all accessories is pretty bizarre. Targets, tables, ammo boxes, staple guns, cleaning rods, - not much concern about comfort; hearing protection, glasses, clothing, footwear, gloves very high.

Style as it pertains to ammo boxes, tables/ benches, and any number of other accessories is pretty problematic.

As phrased question 5 is asking respondents to do a lifetime average computation, a VERY bad thing. You would be much better off to ask "in the past 12 months" or similar.

Purely from a data analysis point of separating bits out the " favorite/ least favorite and why" in a single question is a very poor idea. You have added a layer of unneeded work on the analysis side as you will have to manually separate the item from the why. I'm willing to bet you will get a number of responses where the "why" will precede the "what" and for those folks that just must but 2 or more accessories you may some issues with get the what and where paired up.

With question 8 what about something I've spent a lot of time researching and haven't bought yet (still researching)?

Question 9: Pairs and.or types is doubled barreled asking about 2 different topics. How are you going to compare one response of "15" to "ear muffs, electronic ear muffs, hearing aid, custom earplugs, corded disposable earplugs". And for folks that buy the disposable plugs in bulk do you really get much information from 100 without knowing they are disposable?

And for 10 interval could well be associated with type. For instance I had my custom earplugs made 10 years ago, I buy disposable earplugs when I run out for friends. And how do I count the earmuffs thrown in as a promo item for another purchase?

Then we get into just what is an accessory. For some it might include their truck, girl friend, dog, beer, sandwiches, bar-b-que ...

Thanks for the feedback ballardw. I'll be sure to use some of that on the follow ups. Seems like you have a background in statistics and data aggregation. Did you at least take the survey after destroying my attempt?

I just took the survey. Good luck with whatever you are trying to do.

If I had to guess, I suspect it has to do with bringing some type of hearing protection to market. But don't feel you either have to confirm or deny that :)

Regards,

Rob

Back