• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Guest of the month section

Mr. Pub

Perhaps someone suggested this already, I did a search but didn't find anything. Anyhow, how about a guest of the month section where you line up guests like say, Gaston Glock, Keltec president, the Smith & Wesson guy etc. maybe someone from ATF etc. and we get to ask them questions. We could ask our questions a day in advance and then they could go through the questions and answer them.

We have got 6000+ members. I would think that these people would be lining up to talk to us.

My experience with other forums is that it is usually someone with a higher paygrade :) (i know you don't get paid), like an administrator who emails people they know or contacts press relations people of gun manufacturers etc. to line up guests. I'm not sure they would take a low ranking sr. member seriously. Here is an example of how they do it in a futures trading forum http://forum.ino.com/

TFL is probably the largest general firearms forum in the world. I would think that people would jump at the chance to be highlighted here.

OK, request taken seriously. The fact is that we simply don't have the human resources to throw at this. It requires the following to be done right:
- Identification
- Communication and explanation
- Handholding to get them on the right site at the right time.
- Moderation to keep the juveniles in line.

We simply don't have anyone who is able to commit to such an endeavor.
Rich

MR Pub - Your idea is a good one... its just that, that goal is a little high right now.
I'ld volunteer to work on this effort, but right now I dont have the time to devote to it. Rich is right.

Back