GSSF Loads

Blasers. That is what I get from the Glock boys when I attend them.

No reloads, they won't let you shoot them, because you shouldn't shoot them in Glocks.

I have seen a lot of UMC at the matches too.

I'm sure that a few of the unlimited class guys are using some "perfect" load, but most of the poeple at GSSF matches are just having a good time with their Glocks and getting a good competition experience while hanging around with other Glockatisti.

Actually, you can shoot reloads at a GSSF match I have done it at their matches for years. While I go to GSSF matches to have fun, I also go to win and I shoot in both regular civilian class and unlimited.

Matt K

Really? That's odd, I specifically heard someone told not to at the Kentucky Match earlier this year.

Were you at the Annual Shoot this year? I am anxiously awaiting the results....

I wasent there but I go to all the west coast matches. If you have a jam or other type of failure with reloads they wont give you a reshoot but if you use factory stuff they usually will. Thats the only drawback I ever encountered with reloads at their matches before.

Matt K

now that you mention that it does sound familar. Maybe that was my bad and they were just "recommending" not to use reloads.

Of course, I hate reloads for competition, on principle.
If it was up to me, everyone would use the same G17/Sig226/HKUSP/Beretta92/SW4506/COLT1911/Whatever and load it with UMC. Then we could really see where we all stand.
I know that is totally impractical, but I passionately dislike the extreme opposite: race guns that will only cycle if they are surgically clean and are loaded with (usually light)custom reloads that are more precisely controlled than a shuttle launch.

I like to see how people react to malfunctions...
wink.gif

When using reloads two most visible mistakes include SQUIBS and OVERCHARGING. Overcharges are obvious. In the heat of competition, after a squib, one may instinctively attempt a TRB....ergo, yikes. Though my squib count in 20 yrs of reloading is less than 10, nonetheless, it can still result in a big owe-ee. When loading for IDPA, I visually inspect each round before topping off with a bullet. At GSSF, I will now only shoot Blazers....espec since I can't scrounge brass.

Ahh Hahhh!!!
I figured you be sneeking around here somewheres. ;-)
"Walter" here can attest to the fact that if you jam with reloads they won't give you a reshoot.
I jammed last GSSF match with Blazers and they gave me a reshoot.

Back