GSG MP40P - Part Upgrades!

MilsurpMitch

Hello everybody! New here on the FL Forums, and excited to see what it is all about!

Before I begin, some disclaimers:

1) I apologize if this is in the wrong section, please move it if so.

2) I am adding links to this post ONLY as a reference for anyone interested in getting the same parts for their gun. This is NOT for any affiliation or sponsored content!

3) This post is NOT spam! If you have concerns, reply back to the post and I will help you out.

Thank you

With disclaimers out of the way, this first post will be all about the several upgrades I have made to my GSG MP40 since purchasing it about 2 months back.
I am an enthusiast of all WW2 era weapons, and since I am not a lottery winner, and I don't want my wife to murder me, this GSG MP40 (finally available in 9mm) is the closest I will ever get to a real one for my collection. It has a great weight to it and is fairly accurate as the pistol it currently is.

I am going the SBR route with it currently and I hope to get a stock for it to call it's very own (after ATF Form 1 approval, of course).

When I first started to inspect the pistol upon purchase, there were several things that GSG did to this gun which irk me. I am all for historical accuracy and I always want my guns to match as close to historical constraints as possible.

List of incorrect GSG decisions (that I hate):

1) The barrel nut. Spikey and weird looking barrel nut from factory - looks strange. Hate it.

2) The sight hood. For a German company to reproduce and incorrectly make the sight hood for this iconic gun is a disservice. The sight hoods has two flat sides, instead of being round. Hate it.

3) The Cocking Handle. Small and not accurate to the original styling. Worst part is that it will fly out VERY easily when firing the gun. Hate It.

4) The Takedown Pin. Comes with an annoying and super-easy-to-lose c-clip. Not practical, hate it.

5) The Safety Knob. Large and plastic piece, that distracts from the beauty of the piece. Hate it.

NOW for the good parts - the parts I sourced from MFI LLC! Here is their website if you are curious - http://www.mfiap.com

I will place the links below each picture for everyone to check out, if you are interested in getting some of your own.

This company I cannot speak more highly of! Beautifully designed and expertly machined parts that TRULY give the MP40 that little extra!

I popped these pieces on and WOW do they make a difference. These parts bring the historical accuracy back to the gun and will sure to make it stand out at the range.

Here are the parts I personally bought and installed on mine:

MFI Cocking Handle - Probably the BIGGEST immediate upgrade of the bunch. Historically copied to look original, and provides way more grip. AND IT DOES NOT FLY OUT OF THE GUN! Excellent piece, HIGHLY recommend.

MFI Cocking Handle:

MFI handle.jpg

https://mfiap.com/i-23900013-mfi-gsg-mp40-9mm-cocking-handle-charging-handle-wwii-period-correct-price-includes-sh-via-1st-class-usps-insurance.html

MFI Sight Hood - Excellent upgrade. More historically accurate ROUND sight hood. Looks amazing on the front of the gun and really brings it 180. Smooth machining.

MFI Barrel Nut - Huge upgrade from the spikey (and crappy-looking GSG barrel nut). Historically correct ridging, looks great.

MFI Sight Hood & Barrel Nut:

MFI nut and hood 2.jpg

https://mfiap.com/i-23899885-gsg-mp40-9mm-only-muzzle-nut-thread-protector-barrel-nut-wwii-period-correct-early-fine-groove-style-price-includes-sh-via-1st-class-usps-insurance.html

https://mfiap.com/i-23899918-mfi-replacement-wwii-period-correct-front-sight-hood-for-the-gsg-ati-mp-40-mp40-mp38-price-includes-sh-via-1st-class-usps-insurance.html

These have really transformed the way my MP40 looks. I can't wait to get my Form 1 approval and give this beauty the stock it deserves! I will also be after the other parts as well!

Let me know if you want to know anything else about these upgrades, I'll help you out.

Thank you everyone!

Back