Groundskeeper - Anything new?

Jim V

DC etal, Has there been anything new published in the Groundskeeper case? Or is it another of those things that shows up, makes a big splash in the media and then goes away?

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

I haven't heard or read a peep about him. Seems like it will quietly fade into obscurity as most bureacratic mistakes seem to.

Not a thing Jim...

But this is interesting:

I went to the Orange County Register ( www.ocregister.com ) and did an advanced search and found nothing about Jerry D. Peacock. So I searched for everything written by (or contributed to) HEATHER LOURIE...14 articles (dating back to March 1998) but none were about Mr. Peacock.

Curious. I've e-mailed them for latest info

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

DC, That is strange about Peacock and Heather Lourie. The original link you had in part 2 did, when posted, connect to the article cited.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.
The original case was interesting enough but this twist really makes it interesting.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From the editorial page of the 4 October, 1999 issue of the Orange County Register:

"Almost every aspect of the arrest of Jerry Peacock, a school grounds keeper for Capistrano Unified School District carries a distinctly unpleasant odor. ..........."

I don't have an account with them to get the full editorial (i.d. # 1999277010) so I can't give any more of what was written.
:(
------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited October 18, 1999).]

Hey guys, what's the latest?? I was out in Kali when this went down and I knew then that the end of this story would be hard to find (i.e. the guy is probably innocent and the PD screwed up again). But I'm only guessing.

What's the latest?

Albin

Nada....can't find any current info.

And, I never received a reply when I wrote the OC Register on Oct 18

------------------

Well, I was interested in seeing if there was anything new regarding Mr. Peacock and the Capistrano Unified School District, so I just conducted a search of the ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER's web site and found nothing regarding him for all of 1999. Interesting isn't it?

DC, have you ever heard anything more about poor ol' Jerry D. Peacock?

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

No Jim...and just as you, there is no trace or ref to Mr. Peacock in the OC Register. Further...even after 3 followup e-mails, they never, not a single time, replied back to me.

The OCR did a fine job of smearing and defaming Mr. Peacock when he was arrested (trial by journalist)...but no follow up stories about the findings after the cops et al had a chance to investigate and check him out.

------------------

Ken..

wrong guy....by a mile. We are talking about an incident last Sept. Wasn't even a shooting

------------------

Back