Grips for Super Blackhawk

PKAY

After putting 300 rounds through my Ruger SB .44 mag last Friday, my right hand is sore! Do any of you guys know of some Pachmyer type grips similar to those made for the FA Model 83 .454 Casull which are available for this gun? Thanks for your help.

Now to add even more to the confusion;), you might also look at Herrett. They make a nice finger groove wooden grip that helps manage recoil.

IMO, Hogue Monogrips are *the best* thing going for DA revolvers but they just don't seem quite right on a SA. I've used them on Blackhawks but I preferred smooth Herretts wood grips with the butt rounded off a bit. Checkered grips are out, you'll have friction blisters on your hand long before the first box is gone.

Thanks alot, guys! I'll look into all of 'em, let you know what I choose and do a range report.

I've found the Hogue's to be far too thin in the backstrap for reasonable recoil control. They just don't fill the palm well at all. Pachmayr's are better, but personally I like a nice thick set of smooth wood grips for taming that beast. I'll second the suggestion for Lett grips. I had some on a GP100 and it turned it into a pussycat. The trick with a SA is to let it roll in the palm, and this is easier to do with smooth wood or laminate grips. If you fight the recoil, you'll just end up losing. Just go with the flow. Loose grip, but not too loose is the best.

Well, I did it. I bought a Hogue monogrip at the Orange County gun show for $15. The Herrett experience was a little too expensive for me. What a difference! After another 250 rounds at the range my group sizes were reduced considerably and overall control was much better. The Hogues definitely tamed that 10 1/2" bbl beast. Thanks for all your inputs. Those Herretts sure do look nice, though. Maybe next month...

Back