Grips for Redhawk

Ludwig

I was unsuccessful using the factory wooden grips with hot 310gr loads on my 44mag Redhawk. Put Pachmayr Presentations on it and they were fine, so long as I had plenty of time to work into a good grip. Really fat. Unbeatable at the target range. But for speed of getting a defensive (bears) shooting grip, the Butler Creek/Uncle Mike's are the best I've tried so far. Had to round-stone off the sharp edges and the grooves and peaks till they fit. Excellent grips. Would appreciate info about other fast grips for the Redhawk. Thanks. L

I've never tried to do any quick draw shooting with them, but the Pachmayr Decelerators are the most comfortable stocks I've found for my Redhawk. They're "squishy" enough to make most .44 Magnum loads comfortable.

The placement of the finger grooves is a problem. I've re-shaped mine with a Dremel tool to fit my hand better.

I use Decelerators on all my Redhawks; the finger grooves help me acquire a fast draw and maintain a 'high n' tight' grip.

IPSC, you know.......but that's just me.

Bullshooter:

I use a set of Hogue Mono-Grips.

Me too. I just put them on a few days ago and while they're comfortable, I've also noticed that it has extended the trigger reach quite a bit. Not so much that it's a problem, but it sure makes a difference.

The one thing that really changed was the reach distance to the hammer spur. I don't have small hands by any means, but with the Mono-Grips on my Redhawk only the tip of my thumb reaches the hammer spur.

Did you notice the same thing?

I've been thinking about a set of oversize wood grips from Eagle. There's another picture here.

I sure wish I could see what they'd look like on a Redhawk, though.

Thoughts anyone??

I don't care too much for the Hogues. The best I've found comfort wise are the grips made by the same company that makes them for Ruger. http://lettgrips.com/ They make models different from what comes stock. Great grips.

I mentioned replacing the Presentations with the Butler Creek/Uncle Mike's grips. They are very fast to get a pointing grip with. Had to stone them a bit. So far, I'm still with them. They soak up less of the Garrett 310's recoil, however. Still tolerable. Getting ready to try other grips suggested on this thread. Appreciate it. L

decelerators

I was getting skin torn off web of hand with factory grips,
put the Pachmayr's on and ENJOY shooting mag loads, my only
gripe is the pistol won't fit in the factory box no more.

Back