Grips for Colt Diamondback

JimFox

I'd like some recommendations/comments about some new grips for a Colt Diamondback - blue, 4 inch barrel.

Currently I have 3 sets of grips for the Diamondback. Factory original, Packmayr (sp?) and a set of factory that I sanded down to somewhat resemble Jordan stocks.

Currently the most shootable are the Packmayr grips. The factory grips slide down in my hand easily, even with mild wadcutter loads. The sanded down grips are about 1/2 way inbetween. I may take a bit more of the thickness (width) of the sanded grips out so that they more closely follow the form of the Packmayrs.

Still, the Diamondbacks are pretty little guns and I would like to put some grips on that esthetically enhance the gun, yet are still shootable with moderate to full power loads.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions and/or comments based on personal experience.

------------------
Jim Fox

Jim,

Man, I'd love to have my old 4" nickel Diamondback again. It was sweet. I saw your post and just happened to remember I have a set of factory original, excellent condition grips here. I was going to offer to send them to you until I read your post.

Why are they here? I found some new ones at a gun show in OKC many years ago, 1980, I believe. One of those vendors where nothing is labled and they were all over the place. Blond colored smooth wood with finger grooves. Man, they not only worked, but I got dates because of that gun when I worked security at a bank!!!! They were all po'd at me when I traded it in on a new blued Python!

Gun show may be your best bet. Good luck. In the meantime, anybody need some like new grips for a diamondback??? :D

(spoken for by Jim.)

------------------
"Charlton Heston is my President"

Danny45
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

[This message has been edited by Danny45 (edited October 25, 2000).]

Shootable Diamondback Grips

My Uncle Barney left me a bunch of new old Colt grips that were the aftermarket grips of choice from the 20s-30s-40s and 50s

Colt Viper, Diamond back round butt, new D square frame etc

Popular for their shootability only a several left in cherry wood or Duramite. contact me at
fitz_grips@hotmail.com

I could use a set of factory grips for a diamondback

I got mine used many years ago sans grips. I put a set of large
sized pachmayrs on it. What you need for the factory grips?
PS I will be off line till monday morning. No comp at home its fried itsself. will check back here on monday or my e-mail : jmlv@aol.com
thanks much

Back