Grip Textured Shotgun

GorillaGunworks

Hey guys just wanted to show a little shop project im doing to take to gunshows and show to customers. i have more planned for it. but this is the first thing i did to it. i textured the forend and grip on the buttstock. the texture feels great in the hands definitly feels like it wont slip out of your hands great grip. ive got more to come i will update this post as i make progress on this project.

Attachments

• IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 104
Very nice !!!

Hey guys just wanted to show a little shop project
Not only does it look good but more important, very functional. We often overlook that point. .... ;)

Guess I'll be the first to ask; Did you stipple it or is that an adhesive tape application??

Looking forward to your future replies ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Couple of questions...

Does that squared off pump allow better grip? Looks like the texturing there is only used by the fingertips.

Are you using screw drivers and a hammer to remove those pins?

What are those grips made of? Looks extremely agressive...

Whats the shotgun being built for?

Guys sorry for the late reply. better late than never right lolz.

Very nice job and it sure looks as though it will keep a synthetic stock from sliding in your hands.

Definitley has a good grip too it. doubt you can lose a grip even with wet or sweaty hands.

If you were closer I would bring you my competition shotgun to have you do some work on it. That looks great.

You can always ship it to me. im a registed FFL and Certified Gunsmith. i just started my own business so im still working on my website but my goal is to provide service to anyone in and out of my state. You can always PM me to work out details.

Did you stipple it or is that an adhesive tape application??

That is stippling, i like the adhesive tape but it tends to come loose over time.

Does that squared off pump allow better grip? Looks like the texturing there is only used by the fingertips.

Are you using screw drivers and a hammer to remove those pins?

What are those grips made of? Looks extremely agressive...

Whats the shotgun being built for?

The Squared off forend on the shotgun does provide a great benefit in grip, the way i have it set up the forend provide grip to you 4 fingers on one side and grip to your thumb and part of the palm of your have so you have a fairly good amount of grip.

:eek: i dont think anyone should ever use a screwdriver to remove pins unless you want to deform them, i use strictly punches.

The grips are stippling of the actual stock and foregrip

The shotgun is bieng built for display at gunshows along with other projects i plan on doing to promote my business.

Just a little update, i took the trigger assembly apart on this project and polished everything smooth to clean up the trigger pull, not looking to lower any weight just clean the grit out of it. im not a fan of trigger jobs on shotguns. here are some before and afters for you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20131023_134500.jpg
    IMG_20131023_134500.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20131023_142250.jpg
    IMG_20131023_142250.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20131023_142853.jpg
    IMG_20131023_142853.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 41
Shotgun trigger jobs.

im not a fan of trigger jobs on shotguns. here are some before and afters for you guys.
Understood and appreciated. The only exemption I had, was the spare trigger group on my 1100 when converted it slugs during the deer season. I have also done trigger work, on SildeLocks and that's a bit different. .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

You may not be a fan of trigger jobs on a shotgun, but that turned out really nice. Did it drop the #'s much or did it mostly smooth up the pull? Nice stippling job.

Last edited:
You may not be a fan of trigger jobs on a shotgun, but that turned out really nice. Did it drop the #'s much or did it mostly smooth up the pull? Nice stippling job.

Thank You. and yes it mostly just smoothed up the pull. weight stayed the same.

Update. Polished and Jeweled the Action Bars on the shot gun and Jeweled the Carrier. Im going to polish and jewel the bolt aswell i will upload pics when im done.

Attachments

• trigger bars.jpg
    trigger bars.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Carrier.jpg
    Carrier.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 47
More updates on the shotgun project. Carbon fiber dip on the receiver and barrel just a little more tweeks and it's done.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1383161004055.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1383161004055.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20131031_113151.jpg
    IMG_20131031_113151.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 41
Back