Grip suggestions for SW 18-3

Blue Duck357

I know suggesting grips is like suggesting who someone should marry, but my old 18 my father bought just sits in my closet like a red headed step child, always ignored when I go out to shoot.

It's got the standard grips on it now, which are too small for me (my second and third fingers dont even touch the front of the grip). My hand slips around a bit on the old style larger target grips, but they at least feel OK. It's just that they look a bit over size on the sleek little 4 inch barrled gun. Any suggestions for something between these two? maybe something even a bit fancy to stoke my interest in this gun.

Thnaks for any suggestions, Blue Duck

One of my favorite synthetic grips for the K-frame is the Uncle Mike's fingergroove boot grips.
These cover the frontstrap, but leave the bottom and backstrap exposed.

With your hand size though, you may want to get some grips that cover the backstrap.

I like the Eagle, and Spegel wood grips.
The fit and finish is excellent, and they both have some that cover the backstrap.
These, being wood and nice looking, do cost much more than rubber.
I believe they're in the $60-$90 range, depending on style, material, and checkering (or not).
-Kframe

You might like the Hogue Mono-Grip. They are compact, but fit the hand very well. They look great, and are available in rubber, hard nylon, and fancy woods. They offer a free catalog and are online. Hogue's rubber grips also seem to fit the frame on my Smith's better than others.

Back