Grip Screws Rusting

LightningLink

I have a Beretta 3032 "KittyCat" for concealed carry. I use an Uncle Mikes IWB that has been modified to allow shirt tucking.

I've noticed that the grip screws that are against skin are rusting. I took care to oil them before I started carrying, and I've tried to keep them oiled, but they seem to want to rust anyway.

Two questions:
1) What's the best way to remove the existing rust?
2) What's the best way to keep them rust free?

Thanks for any info,
LL

Probably the best way to remove the rust is some light wire brushing... The best way to keep the rust off is to replace the screws with stainless steel screws! Otherwise, you will need to wipe them with a lightly oiled cloth every once in awhile... Hogue makes a lot of replacement stainless steel screws for a lot of different guns. You might want to look up if they make a set for your gun... Or you could also try coating the head of the screws with some kind of clear coat, such as a clear coat paint or you can even try a clear nail polish...

Does Beretta make a stainless (INOX) version of this pistol? If they do order some stainless screws if you don't mind the difference in color. I bought a Beretta 92G Brig Elite and put Hogue allen-head screws on it. They match the stainless barrel and laser engraving that are standard on this pistol.

Thanks for the input guys.

jwong,
Does Hogue have a URL? So far, I like that idea best. The fingernail polish will be my last resort.

Robb,
This is the stainless (INOX) version. But the grips are the plain ol' black plastic, so the screws are likewise plain ol' black.

WalterGAII,
Is your Glock 21 worn against your skin? If not, then that could be the difference. If it is, well, come on, it's a Glock. There's really no comparing a Glock with this squeak gun. It's just, given my uh, shall we say, body dimensions and what I wear to work, small is the only way to go.

LL

Back