Grip Question....

artech

I have recently seen a movie in which the hero's primary gun had an unusual set of grips. They were on a medium frame square butt revolver and the striking feature was that they had a one-piece metal butt cap on the bottom.

I'm thinking that this would be really cool with some select engraving, and would like to find a set. I've been looking at websites and haven't seen this type anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!:D

Those used to be fairly common, back when cops carried revolvers. I have only seen a few engraved, most seemed to be intended to protect the gun butt... or just for some shiny metal.

I do not know of a source. You might get in touch with a knife maker, the plate would have more in common with a knife hilt than any current pistol grip I know of.

K frame Sq. Butt Duamond Targets with BRASS butt plate

I bought these a while back because I had never seen any. They are like new and were produced in the '50s according to a pard of mine who is a noted S&W collecter. I believe he said they were made by BEAR Comp. Email me for further info.
They are for sale.TXS.

Remember in the movies where the cop would sap the BG with the butt of his gun? Well, you wouldn't want to screw up a good set of grips, would you?;)

Back