grip options for SP101

sp101 grips

both hogue and uncle mike sell grips for the sp101. the grips from uncle mike are a boot grip..........i tried the boot grip but found it odd shaped, not like the boot grips for s&w. i went back to the factory grip. in shooting full power mags thru both my 2 and 3 in rugers i think the factory grip is the best.

Sox:

The Pachmayr Compac is the most comfortable (for me) shooting grip, and fits the gun well. I've tried Hogues, Eagle and Uncle Mikes, and settled on the Pachs even though I'm not a great fan of rubber grips. Due to the differences, from gun to gun, in the length of the mounting "stem", hard grips are very difficult to manufacture. The wood grips from Hogue and Eagle both had unacceptable gaps at the top-rear, which I was unable to fill or re-fit.

Sox, I prefer houge mono-grips. They have three finger grooves, and a more rounded butt that fills my hand better. The third finger groove makes them a little longer than stock. But the extra control with full-house loads is easily worth the trade. I've let three others with sp101's try them, they went off of the range area to store area & bought a set the same day.

SP101 grips

I have a set of Hogues on my Sp101. I don't much care for entertaining the thought of shooting magnums through it without the Hogues on it.

I got Hogues on mine, and something magical happened. They are a perfect fit for my hand, like they took a cast of my grip or something.

Back