Grip Adapter for 1905 HE?

Shotgun Willy

Grip Adapter for 1903 HE?

Does anyone know if there's a grip adapter made for a S&W 1905 Hand Ejector with a round butt?

Last edited:
I am thinking about something like a Tyler, but I'd be suprised if a 3R fit it. I've got a model 64 and it's quite a bit larger than this little I-frame.

The J frame adapter should fit or be easily adapted. The I frame was the old version of the J frame but the changes were not made in the area of the grip adapter.

Jim

The .32 HE "I" frame was the Model 1903; later the term "Hand Ejector Third Model" and Model I Hand Ejector" were used, though none of those designations was marked on the guns. The .22 Hand Ejector (the "Ladysmith") was the Model M.)

Jim

Howdy

Picture is worth a thousand words department: let's be sure what we are talking about.

The Model 1905 HE was a six shot 38 Special revolver built on the K frame.

The Model of 1903 was a six shot 32 S&W Long revolver built on the I frame.

Here is a photo comparing the size of a K frame revolver to an I frame revolver, a K frame Model 1905 HE at the top, and an I frame 32 Regulation Police at the bottom.

MP%20and%2032%20HE%203rd%20Model_zpsxh1cxgrq.jpg

The I frame cylinder was too small for six 38 caliber chambers, however there were some I frame 38s with five chambers. These revolvers shot the 38 S&W cartridge, not the 38 Special.

So exactly what revolver are we talking about?

A photo would be helpful.

32 S&W Long CTG

20160919_063139%201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The picture's not very good, but it's good enough for you to tell the finish is all but gone on it. Not sure whether to shoot it as-is or refinish it. What I'm sure of, though, is that those little grips need some sort of adapter on the front of them.

Last edited:
Back