Greener Shotgun action

Kapusta

Back in about 1974 I acquired a Greener shotgun action which were being sold at that time by I believe Navy Arms. A number of guys attending CST back then were getting them for various builds. My intention was to build a trap gun with it. My question is does anyone know if there is still a market for these? I gave some thought to also using it for a 45/70, but neither that or the trap gun look to be on my "to-do" list in the future. I picked up a new Marlin goose gun bbl. and got it threaded for the action and that's as far as I got.

Not sure exactly what they were "officially" called. They were being sold new - actions only. I believe they were roll marked just "Greener", but I'm not at home to ck. for sure. Case hardened receivers and set up for 12 Ga. - extractor-wise, that is.

Years ago I seen a good number of people (try) building a Trap Gun with Greener actions . I really never seen a good one and most that did build one sold it in short order .

That's what some guys in school (CST) were doing. The ones I saw turned out pretty nice and seemed to work well. That's back in the day when Herters was doing custom ribs for cheap and they were nicely done. I hate to think what a custom rib would run nowadays.

Back