Green Card holder went to get CCW permit

skang

Inactive
1st of all, Hi iam a new member. but i have been browsing this website for long time.

Okay today was my day-off. nothing to do, so i went to local sheriff department and filled out CCW permit. yay!!!:D (since Green card holder does need AFL anymore i went for it!!!)

Age 24. WA state. Green Card Holder.

However, at the same time i was little worried.

I had juvenile record (felony/misterminer) that is SEALED. Also has letter from court that my Juvenile record has been SEALED. (letter mention that *as if they never occurred* this and that.

So..iam sitting front of computer little worried and at the same time excited.

i googled here and there, and found out that some state will not give out permit even your record is sealed.

Hope everything goes okay.

i scare :eek:

You may need a competant attorneys' advice in this matter, in your specific location. If you have a juvenile felony conviction, you will most likely be denied, BUT, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

I wasnt arrested by hand-cuff or rode on police car to station.

also, when i was at the court to apply sealed/expunged my file, lady who had my case told me, ones it's approved, filed will be gone, all the paper work will be shredded.

I read some threads about people who had same problem as me end up fine. Well, that doesn't mean i will be fine too. i mean i didn't lie on the paper. court told me i can check "NO" on if i ever committed crime and such.

i dont know.....

the word 'expunged' is the key,

if they did this then it doesn't matter what you did, what the police did or what the courts did before that... once they do this then none of that legally exist any more.

I'll bet you are okay...

Welcome to the forum, America, and one more step to freedom.

I believe vacated, expunged and sealed is not the same. They all have their meanings.

Out of those three, SEALED is the top of those two. Which means little less to worry about.

i dont know...but i just had feeling i should be okay when i was down there at the office.

***edit***

I mean i should have marked "Yes" on if i were convicted in crime? and bring all the paper work that my case is SEALED?

i don't think that's good idea nor i should not bring it up. juvi court lady told me, ones SEALED all the paper work will be gone with the record.

i don't know who to trust these days......i just hope nothing goes wrong more it already has on the past.

Last edited:
I found this on Washington Court Website.

"If the court grants the motion to seal records, the official juvenile court file, the social file, and other records relating to the case shall be treated as if they never occurred, and the subject of the records may reply accordingly to any inquiry about the records which are sealed. Except that no identifying information held by the Washington State Patrol is subject to sealing."

my English is not perfect, someone could explain BOLDed letter in different way?

Except that no identifying information held by the Washington State Patrol is subject to sealing.

If I am reading this correctly, information that may be used to identify you will not be sealed. (such as fingerprints or photographs)

I'm thinking the worse that can happen is they kick it back to you

and you have to deal with fixing it and explaining why you forgot and filled out the application wrong.

I'm presuming English is not your first language and this could actually help you in this.

Actually (and I'm by no means a lawyer) I think expunged is 'better' than sealed.... but if your records were sealed and from what the person told you, you might be okay... the folks that process these applications know better than you and me put together.

I think i will be okay. not no problem, but okay.

Because one time i asked my order sister to call Juvi court too see if i can apply for getting a firearm with Expunged record.

And Court counselor said "No" Not with expunged record, It has be to sealed.

So that's what i did. SEALED.

And don't mention it again.

Back