Great Western II 357 . . .

Prof Young

I had the winning bid on a Great Western II revolver in 357. Has a brass top strap and trigger guard. I don't have possession of it yet. The on line reviews look good. If you know about these . . . talk to me.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Thanks Jim!

Thanks Jim. I had not found that web site yet. The good news is I'm getting mine for $200 less than the MSRP.

I'll do a range report after I have possession.

Life is good.
Prof Young

The gun on the linked web site does not have a brass TOP STRAP. It has a brass grip frame.

The top strap is the portion of the frame above the cylinder, it is steel.

The grip frame has a front strap and a back strap, and in this gun they are brass. The pictured gun has a brass "back strap" not a "top strap".

Prof Young, I have that exact Pietta model only in .45 Colt. Think you'll br happy with that gun. Certainly enjoy mine.

I saw that exact revolver in .45 colt today for $499 at the LGS. I could probably get it for 520 OTD. I'm looking at prices now and I probably should buy it. I passed as I wanted wood grips... heck I can make grips these things have shot up in price the past couple years. My guess is this revolver has hung out at the end of the case for a few years, they haven't checked prices on reorder, and hence have not raised the price. Even GB about the cheapest I find is $500. Plus you have to ship, transfer, pay taxes, etc.

I may go back and get it tomorrow honestly. Don't need to spend the money... but I doubt I'll find a new one cheaper ever and a SAA is a bucket list gun (I actually want a colt but... yeah not unless I do VERY well in my encore career venture).

Thanks Jim. I had not found that web site yet. The good news is I'm getting mine for $200 less than the MSRP.

I'll do a range report after I have possession.

Life is good.
Prof Young
Has your Great Western II come in yet ...

Just love old school single actions in 357 Magnum !

My very first handgun was a 357 Magnum Ruger Blackhawk in 1970 ...
We still go shooting ... my first love !
Gary

Back