Great Resource!

Patrick

Thanks to the organizer of this site. Since I have found this place, I quite dealing with the rudness and nonsense of rec.guns.

I have found the people here to be "thinking" men and women and appreciate the discourse.

This is a great place!

Patrick

Patrick, I second your comment, with gusto. The folks here are extremely knowledgeable, patient, and honest in their opinions. It is like reading an excellent book about firearms, but being able to hold a discourse with the author. And, as far as I can tell, we do have a few authors out there, as well as LEO's, military personnel (active and retired), firearms instructors and many other experts.

Now, since we're so fortunate to have this resource, how do we help support it? The FAQ's don't really address that issue. Do the businesses on the Links page contribute, is this strictly a volunteer effort, or are there some angels out there that keep this server running?

Thanks.

Patrick-
From all of us...the Moderators, the small staff and our Members....thank you.

Jeff-
The Firing Line is a non-commercial site. We do not solicit nor accept advertising or other revenue generating activities. We do not rule this out in future. So far, however, we are not hemorrhaging.

Our goal is quite simple: to promote safe and responsible firearms ownership...knowledge is, after all, power.

You can help by letting others know we exist and encouraging them to stop by. I believe we have the finest level of firearms discussion available.

Best regards,
Rich Lucibella

Rich, thanks for making it clear. And, I'll be happy to spread the word. I have dinner once a month with a group of libertarian thinkers - oops, I mean socially liberal, economically conservative friends (I learned this from Jesse 'The Mind' Ventura ;) ). Mostly active and retired business people and professionals - generally amateurs in the world of firearms, but concerned about self defense. We'll discuss weapons in the next month or so, and I'll make sure I mention this tremendous resource. Also, I've got a few local LEO friends, and they'd be great to get in on these discussions as well.

Thanks again, very much.

ps - put me down as a contributor when and if you solicit funds. Value for value.

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited 12-31-98).]

Rich -

I want to add my thanks to all of you who make this site work. I also say, put me on the list if and when you need financial help to keep going.
By the way, I am getting told all the time to get a second phone line into the house. this started after I found TFL. :) So I tell my shooting friends why the phone is busy!

------------------
Freedom is not Free

Back