Great deal on a 22/45 MkIII need opinions

Jessop

Purchased a new in case Ruger 22/45 MkIII for $190 dollars . It was produced
in 2014 . I had been looking at the Taurus TX22 but this deal was too good to
pass up . I intend to buy a fiber optic front sight . Any suggestions would be
appreciated . Some buyers have complained that some sights are either too
tall or too short . Has anyone had experience with Dawson they make different
heights and widths ?

What is the height and width of your Dawson sight . I like that they include different color tubes . I have the fiber optic adjustables on my glock 35 .
Thanks for the reply .

I have a Mark III 22/45 I bought in 2015 that was made in 2014. The only thing I have done to mine is remove the magazine safety and for me, the factory sights work well.

I have remarkably good eyes for 70 years 9 months without corrective lenses .
They do help in all lighting conditions.
When I was younger we would black out front sights with smokers for shooting
competitions . Fiber optics are even better .

Great price on that Ruger Mark III 22/45!

I've "heard" that the Ruger Mark IV, being so easy to take down and reassemble has lowered the demand for the previous Marks but I would have found that price irresistible.

Good luck.

YDBe4cnh.jpg

You did great on that price.

I shoot my Mark III with a Volquartsen Accurizing kit getting the trigger pull down below 2 pounds. I also installed a Tandemkross trigger and Herrett stocks.

I even replace the barrel with a Pac Lite 4.5 inch and a Tandemkross Game Changer Pro compensator

That's a great deal you got on that mkIII 22-45. I was happy finding a stainless version mkIII 22-45 earlier this year NIB for just under $300. You beat my deal by $100. I added a HiViz fiber optic front sight to mine. It was an easy swap and the new sight has the same dimensions as the original. My original front sight had red thread locker on the screw. I fired a couple mags through the pistol to warm up the barrel and sight screw. It worked like a charm. The screw came loose relatively easily.

NIB, Ruger 22/45 MkIII for $190 dollars with what I presume to have been the bull barrel sounds to me like you got a good deal.

Back