graphite for an H&K

Longjohn

Does anyone use graphite powder for lubing their H&K USP, instead of oil. I've heard from 3or4 dealers of H&Ks that it is the best stuff for the gun. Also if this is the case ,can you give me the name-s of companies that make it. Any input??? Thanx

I've been using some of the Remington moly-lube (can't remember the exact name, something like that) on my P7M8 for a little while now. It's not exactly graphite, but seems similar. For me the main consideration was the amount of dust that was getting all over the gun when using regular oil, since it's my primary carry piece. Using the dry lube that's not an issue at all. I haven't done enough reliability tests to say for sure, but I did take it out and put 150 rounds or so through it the other day to make sure the lube worked and it certainly appears to.

Graphite, because of its granular nature is actually a very mild abrasive. It is not recommended for use in some high-speed bearings. I don't know how this quite translates to firing pins, but the safest thing is to just give the gun what its manufacturer recommends in the manual.

------------------
Does "shall not be infringed" mean something different to YOU?

Back