Graphics posting on TFL

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Hi folks...

We've never brought this up, but it has to be addressed now.
Our policy of posting graphics on TFL isn't especially restrictive: all we ask is that the graphic file be under 50 KB in size, if larger than that please set a link instead.

In order to post a graphic it has to be on a website somewhere, therefore this isn't a particular detriment to you.

Large graphics suck huge amounts of bandwidth, slow a thread down and makes loading a pain, especially if you don't have a fast modem or an older computer.
If for any reason you can't link it, I'm pretty handy with graphics and we can figure something out.
Please don't feel that this is to stifle your creativity or anything....bandwidth is the name of the game.
Thanks
DC

Quite. The four pages of police report are interesting, and should stimulate a good discussion, but it might be hindered by the loading time. The warning was appreciated, though!

-boing

Thanks for the advisement DC. Well, it can't apply to moi for the mere reason that posting graphics is beyond my limited computer skills. :)

DC-
Thanks much for bringing this up. It's an important issue to many of our Members.

For what it's worth, I recently requested that a Moderator create a link to a graphic...so these are not arbitrary rules.

For those that wish to link a larger graphic and do not have a server to hold it, we'll be happy to store it for you. We'll provide you a URL link to add to your post.
Rich

Back