Grams Engineering basepads--anyone know how to get them off??

toast78

Inactive
like the subject line says.... I bought a couple of Para mags that have these already on them, and I can't get the part that actually attaches to the mag off. I know I'm a moron, can anyone help?

toast

base pad removal

If you think getting them off is a problem, try fitting them to ill shaped STI tubes. There are a couple of pics at Beven's Website that show the bases and the u-shaped clips that hold them on.

CROPmag.jpg

baseapt.jpg

All you need to do is to pull the u-shaped retaining clips out. You will probably need to take a narrow bladed screw driver and pry very gently to get them started.

One thing about gramms pads:

NEVER USE ANY SOLVENT ON THEM

They are made of a polymer and hate most solvents. You will destroy them if you use solvent on them. There is no need to clean them with anything but a rag anyway.

Thanks for the tips guys. I've got them on Para mags, so I think they're ill shaped too. Ankeny, what I'm trying to do is move the basepads to another mag, so I need to remove the part from the actual mag, the one in the upper right corner of your second picture. Any ideas? Thanks again for all of the tips.

toast

That part just comes off toward the front. There is a small lip on the back though. Just push toward the front.

Back