GP100 Grips

S.F.S

I have been looking for a 4" GP100 and saw one tonight used in real nice condition it had the rubber grips with the wood inserts but it was 2 piece not 1 piece like a 6" GP100 I have and all the other ones I have seen. All the ones I have seen has wood inserts and the rubber grip you slip off the frame. This particular revolver had a 2 piece rubber grip with the wood inserts.
Anybody ever see these before?

They were on the first run of Gp100s. They are inferior to the one piece, but you can get the new ones for about $20.00.

Was there any modifications they made to the newer GP's internal wise that would also make the older ones inferier in that respect? The gun itself had virtually no gap between the forcing cone and crane, no excessive cylinder play, good lock-up and funtioned smoothly and very clean. I believe it may have had an action job, the trigger is smooth and light.
Im a little concerned about reliable igniteing of the primers (Which is easy to fix) and they want 295.00 for it. New they are running 370.00 for blued and 400.00 for SS.
This particular one is blued.
Im just a little stumped right now. You cant find a used 4" in good condition around here. This particular one came in on trade at a gun shop I frequent.

GOOD PRICE

Buy the gun; you'll be satisfied. Get it NP3'ed or hardchromed to alleviate possible rusting.

(No known difference internally.)

WeShoot,
What is NP3 or hardchromed?

I thought the price might have been a little high considering I bought a 6" from them about 3 yrs ago for that same price, and it was only a year old when I got it.
I saw 2 other ones a couple months ago at another gunshop I don't frequent and they wanted 265.00 for them and they looked like they were siting in the bottom of an ocean.. I made a comment on the price and the condition of them. And he proudly said you should have seen them before I cleaned them up :eek: There was pitting on the frame rust under the rear sight and the internals were coated with rust.. By the way these were SS also...

NP3 and HARDCHROME

NP3 ( www.robarguns.com ) and hardchrome ( www.apwcogan.com ) both are surface finishes designed to protect your gun from wear and/or rust.

NP3 is a nickel-based teflon-impregnated coating designed to allow NO LUBE!

Hardchrome is mainly for decreasing wear.

Suggest NP3 for no rust and hardchrome for reduced wear.

Talk to Bob Cogan at Accurate Plating & Weaponry (APW) for best info.

There have been no mechanical changes to the GP100 series, just a change in grip design. New grips should fit older models.

Back