GP100 grips

Species1951

Inactive
Anybody know where I can get a set of Pachmayr Decelerator
grips for my GP100 ? They are not listed on their site.
What I'm looking for is something that encloses the backstrap.
John

Did some more reading/thinking and I'm not sure just what I need. Noticed that when firing my J frame snubbie,it is stout, I don't get skin removed. Thing is,there's no covering of the back strap. So maybe the rubber on the GP100 back strap is tearing
the web of my mitt ? I'm stumped.
John

GET THEM

Might need to search for the GP Decelerators, but TRUST ME they work.

Both my GP's wear them; required due to blood loss when testing "ammo".

Back shelves at dusty gunshops, used, on Ebay........?

I just posted this in another GP-100 thread, but if you miss it, yes: the GP-100 factory grip is sometimes so "tacky" that it can remove skin on recoil with magnum loads. I replaced it on my gun with Pachmayr Grippers. (A second GP-100 didn't do this; the rubber may have been a bit firmer.)

Of several replacement grips tried, only the Pachmayr would fit my GP-100's frame properly. That may vary with the gun and the grips.

Hope this helps. Oh: it goes without saying that one can sometimes find used grips at gun shows for less than in stores. Take the gun and try the grips on it before purchase if the seller will allow this.

A well fitted, smoothly finished GP-100 with Pachmayr grips is a thing of both joy and efficiency. I plan to work another into the budget to replace one that I had to sell. I do think the short extractor rod housing (barrel lug) should be considered if you want the six-inch barrel. The four-inch barrel looks and feels best -I think - with the usual full-lug barrel. Hope you don't mind that added info...

Sincerely,

JW

I got Hogues for my GP....PIA to get on but they're awesome.I even shoot hot 357's now.....they fit my hand fine and MAKE me have a consistant grip every time...

Can't find the Decelerator's anywhere but after reading the above
I'll try either the Gripper or the Hogue mono's. And you're right
it's not the recoil per say, it's that damn tacky factory rubber. It
tears the web of my hand.
This short shroud 3" GP100 is a keeper ! Now I'll need another.
John

Back