GP-100 sight options

bullfrog99

what sights do you recomend for the GP-100 series and why. i've seen metropolite tritiums and millet hunting sights what else is out there. also does anyone know where i can track down a thinner front sight blade for a GP-100, something in the area or less than .1" i like thin front sights just havn't seen any yet.

Try filing down a spare.

I use Millett orange-ramp fronts, and one (long Redhawk) has the factory gold-bead front.

Ashley Outdoors combat sights. I have AO sights on my GP100, SP101, and 870 Police Magnum. The AO sights on the GP100 are especially good: very fast, easy, and accurate.

For me, they are much better than any other sights (including Millet orange ramp on my 4" Mini Master Magnum, and ghost ring sight set on my 20 gauge 870).

Last edited:
TRYO: Got some questions!

I've been to the AO website recently, and they don't list sights for the GP100. Was that a custom job, or is this an AO unpublished option?

Did your GP100 start life with fixed sights, or adjustable?

Which front sight did you get? Big dot or small, Tritium or not?

Last, what rear sight did you get? Is it a shallow V? Is it still adjustable, or is it fixed? Or did you stay with the stocker?

Jim

Jim March:

I've been to the AO website recently, and they don't list sights for the GP100. Was that a custom job, or is this an AO unpublished option?
It is an unpublished option.

Did your GP100 start life with fixed sights, or adjustable?
My GP100 started with adjustable sights.

Which front sight did you get? Big dot or small, Tritium or not?
The front sight is a small white dot. No tritium.

Last, what rear sight did you get? Is it a shallow V? Is it still adjustable, or is it fixed? Or did you stay with the stocker?
The rear sight is a shallow V, which is still adjustable. It consists of a blade that is simply inserted into the stock Ruger adjustable rear sight.

I have an AO Big Dot Tritium front sight on my SP101. The small dot GP100 front sight with the shallow blade adjustable rear sight is infinitely better: more clear, faster, easier, and more accurate.

I replaced the black front sights on my GP-100s (adj sights) with the red-insert type available from Ruger. I like the red-inserts better, but like you, I wish the front sight were a little thinner. I may have to break down and file them.

Back