GP-100 came home with me

Shadow9mm

Got me a GP-100 6in! Had one with the 4.25in barrel years back and always regretted having to sell it. Walked into the shop the other day and this was sitting there under the counter. I was done for....

I have already done some upgrades. It came with the standard hogue overmold grips. I didn't like the angle and I had the hogue tamers on my last gun so I ordered a set. Great grips! I swapped in the wolf spring kit for trigger and hammer, went with the heaviest ones in the set, a few pounds lighter than factory. I added trigger and hammer shims. Over all still a bit heavy, but nice and smooth! My old GP100 had the gold dot front v notch rear and I really liked it. I am not a fan of the square ones on the current model. After a fair bit of digging and some help from a friend I found a replacement set of Gold Dot V notch Sights from Reeders Custom Guns https://www.reedercustomguns.com/information/accessories.htm. Waiting for them to come in.

So far I have about 300rdns through it, mostly reloads, with about 100 of that being full power 357. I forgot how much I enjoyed shooting full power 357 and reloading for revolvers. Also its so much better not having to chase my brass everywhere.

She will be my deer gun for this year. Unless your hunting a field here in middle to southern Indiana, with the brush, 75yds is along shot, usually 25 to 50 so it should do just perfect.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GP100.jpg
    GP100.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 317
I do still have one trigger spring weight I could go down, and 2 main springs I could go lighter. I may drop down another mainspring weight, but for now It feels fine to me. Double action is around 10, single action is right around 4.5. That's down from 12 and 5.5. The shims seemed to take some of the slop but they are not tight, I'm happy with them.

I like the GP's but I prefer the half lug. I really wish Ruger would bring back the Security series or something similar.

I bought the same one

Considering you've had this almost ten years, is there anything you want to add? The good? ;) The bad? :( The ugly? :mad:
I bought the same exact gun last month.
The only upgrade I've made is replacing the front sight with a 'HIVIZ LITEWAVE H3 TRITIUM NIGHT SIGHT'.

Back