GP-100 blued or stainless?

bullfrog99

While Stainless is more rust resistaint, which would be the more durable and stronger version to go with. I have heard that the blued guns heat up more uniformly and keep their accuracy when warm better and because carbon steel is more elastic, the frame and cylinder will last longer. while stainless is harder, and the bore will last longer on a Stainless gun. any comments suggestions on a choice between the two?

I concur with W.B., no matter what Ruger you get, it's strong. These things are just built, tank tough. Now go get yourself that KGP-141, you'll have the best of both worlds, durability and corrosion resistance.

How about blue steel hard chromed? Best of both worlds. I had a GP100 in blued steel and thought it looked and functioned great. I'd like to get another one some day.

Best finifh on GP100?

Get the stainless steel one, 30yrs from now it will still look like new and if it does get scratched or dinged, a little steel wool will take out the blemish. :D

I have a Ruger Security Six stainless 4" .357 that I have fired tens of thousands of rounds out of as a LEO Firearms Instructor. So my vote goes for the stainless steel model.

7th

Back