Gov. Ryan Hates IL gunowners now - wants Semi-auto GUN Ban!

I read the proposed legislation by your politician Obama, and noted this comment on the site: "But, then again, gun control is not about crime control. It's about discouraging law abiding citizens from participating in the shooting sports."

Geez, I hate this kind of approach by gunowners. This is what helped us get where we are today, IMHO. 'Gun control' is not about "discouraging law abiding citizins from participating in the shooting sports"!!! IMHO, that is the most trivial logic. It is about stripping citizens of the right to self defense. It is about ignoring thousands of years of human history, not to mention the millions of people killed by governments in the 20th century. It is about the ancient philosophy of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The anti-self defense movement benefits when we trivialize our own rights in this manner, IMHO.

First time I got to shoot a real gun (a .22 autoloader Marlin, I think, still have snapshots) was through an old Jewish guy in Champaign-Urbana, IL. He must have been eighty ten years ago. His grandfather ran away from Russia and he had a few stories to tell.

I can't quite see him turning in his gun. 40 grains at a time, maybe...

The arrogance of people who think their home cesspits are the way of the world!

------------------
Oleg

http://dd-b.net/RKBA

Recall the sob. Obviously he is a lemon and falls under the lemon law. Gunowners, march on the capital. Show him to be the yellow swine that he is. Face a bully, and he will back down.

Oleg,

He must have been fairly skinny for that 40 grain bullet to go all the way through him!
:D

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

Back