Gotta get me one of these

Good Lord!! That video made me, my bro, and his friends jump when it started firing. Gotta remember to keep the sound down when watching gun vids. :D

Yep, the ole BAR. A fine firearm for it's day. Take note when the lady loads it. She must push the bolt forward manually. That indicates that it fires from an open bolt. Open bolt firearms are not as accurate as their closed bolt cousins. Not exactly a feature that is good to have in a rifle. Since it is automatic, it isn't a major factor though.

Bang, bang, bang...:D

Wasn't there a famous gangster during prohibition that used a sawed-off one of those? Clyde Barrow Maybe?

Last edited:
Actually, Sluggy, the early models could fire semi-auto from a closed bolt or FA from an open bolt.

I'm not sure how long that feature lasted, but it was a nifty option.

The sawed-off BAR "whippit gun" was indeed the Clyde Barrow deal. He did the same thing with Browning Auto-5 shotguns. Monsterous firepower for the time.

The sawed-off BAR "whippit gun" was indeed the Clyde Barrow deal. He did the same thing with Browning Auto-5 shotguns. Monsterous firepower for the time.

Which was also the motivation behind some certain firearm laws dealing with machine guns, sbr, and sbs's.......

Back