Got TWO M57's on the way!! wooohooo

deerslayer303

So SWMBO turned me loose with a little money LOL. I ordered two M57's from Wideners. I also ordered two 1260 round spam cans of ammo. I don't know a whole lot about this gun other than it looks like a 1911 and it shoots a fast bullet LOL. And youtube is not working for me right now so I can't learn much LOL. gonna lurk around here and read up on em. I just heard good things about them through the grape vine. And if they are anything Like my wide collections of Nagants I will like them just fine. Have a Great night!

Tokarevs are a hoot to shoot. I have a Romanian TTC. I also picked up a spam can of 1950s Polish 7.62x25 ammo. As for looks, I don't see much resemblance to the 1911, but mechanically they are very similar.

You'll love 'em. I have a Polish TTC, Romanian TT-33, and a Yugo M57. All great shooters, but the safety on the M57 is much better than the goofy add on to please the BATF POS on the other two.

You might want to order a couple more spam cans to. You'll be amazed how hungry a tokarev gets at the range!!!:D
Remember, no matter what they say, treat the ammo as corrosive, and clean accordingly.

Last edited:
looks almost exactly like the colt 1903

I concur, very similar.

the safety on the M57 is much better than the goofy add on to please the BATF POS on the other two.

Cheapshooter, Do you think you would trust the M57 in condition 1 with the "better" added safety? I know I don't trust the TT-33s and TTCs.

Back