Got to meet Jerry Miculek

Kobra

S&W came to my local gun store this weekend and brought along Jerry Miculek. That man really knows how to shoot. He was not only funny but quite personable. I have never seen someone empty a revolver as quick as a semi-auto and be that accurate. He blew some cabbage and a shaving cream can up with a 629. He gave a lesson on visualization using tracers on a 50 yard target that he was blatantly half-ass aiming at but hitting perfectly every time. Watching him shoot a revolver empty, reload, empty it again - accurately - in a matter of seconds was nothing short of awe-inspiring.

I walked away with it being a good experience that I hope others get a chance to see too.

I've met Jerry on two occasions in Ohio. He is really a
nice guy who can shoot like crazy. A real southern gentleman.
Neil Casper

I remember seeing him on American Shooter

he was incredible!!!
I can't belive anyone can dump 6 (?) rounds,reload,then dump them again in less than three seconds.

He did drills on all three of his records plus some upside-down revolver shooting, and the previously mentioned 44 Mag into cabbage and shaving cream can.

It was cold (30 something degrees) and he was saying he was having a problem getting warmed up with his trigger finger. His "slow" times are still amazing............

Missed him by one week

Kobra:

Was in Owensboro a week before Jerry was at Whittakers. I am an Owensboro native who happended to visit the wrong weekend. Each time I come home to Owensboro I have to make a trip out to Whittakers. Half my guns have come from there. I don't think you can beat his prices on his long guns, not so sure about his pistols thought. Great place though. I went to Apollo for high school and graduated in '79.

Semo,

I probably go out there every weekend. Mainly to check is used gun aisle for a deal (found two good ones) and to look at any new stuff he may have in. He gets a lot of eye candy but here lately he has been slacking a little in that dept. I love how he has a Armalite AR-50 and a Barrett 50 in stock. Hell some crazy som-bitch will buy one of those someday....

I am a 92 graduate of Catholic.

Have a good one.

Jerry is a fixture at the International Revolver Championship and other matches. He is indeed a gentleman and personable representative of the shooting sports.

I did not get to see Jerry doing the TV news interview at the IRC, but when you hear that evenly spaced machine gun cadence in the distance you KNOW who is shooting. He is a great guy with time to say "Hi" and chat with everyone. Almost seems not to know that he is the object of the high regard he has worked so hard to earn.

I helped in RO duties at last year's IRC and had a chance to see all the top shooters perform on two of the stages and then at the one on one shoot off. These guys are really intense when it comes to the competition, but gentlemen behind the lines.

Hey Kobra and Semo, i'm a police officer in Owensboro, go to whittakers about once every two weeks myself. He has some good deals on long guns, but handgun deals are not so good on the used ones. Maybe i'll run into you out there one day!

GregM

Back