Got the fever yet?

CD1

Hey guys. It's time to start shooting the bow and scouting the fields from a distance again ( I know some of us have already started/some never stopped). It's that time of year where we start our countdown to hunting season. Just wondering if anyone else is already dreaming of it at night, and thinking about it all day.

I fish and shoot varmints to hold me over until hunting season :)

Besides, turkey season just recently passed so I still got my fix.

Just back from a 3-day scouting trip & refamiliarization with the area.

Saw three bull elk together Friday afternoon & another 7 bulls together Saturday towards dusk.

Quite a drag - we have cows tags. ;)

When I used to hunt on state gamelands, I occasionally saw Amish people hunting. That's a story in itself.. sheesh

Now a days, I hunt all private land and if I see another individual all day, they're trespassing :D

What did they hunt with? Those Funnel looking Pilgrim Shotguns? I'm sure they raise most of the meat but I was curious if anyone every saw them hunt. I GUESS THEY DO!!!
Last time I was out in Lancaster I was surprised at how much construction was going on :(

They use rifles and shotguns just like any other hunter. Albeit, their gear is more towards the conservative end of the price spectrum.

Back