Got the 686+ 3" Back

Dragline45

Just got my 686+ back from S&W which had to be replaced under warranty and it looks like they got it right this time. This is going to be my camping/hiking gun loaded up with some 180gr Buffalo Bore hard casts, that is once I find some. I compared both the 3" and the 4" at the shop and found the 3" just balances really well, and it makes for a fairly compact 7 shot .357. I'm having it bead blasted this week and want to pick up some wood boot grips for it. I actually find boot grips more comfortable than full size and I manage recoil better with them. I have some Hogue Bantam grips on it now but am not crazy about them.

295pl35.png

I prefer wood boot grips too on my 3" 686. Ahrends with no finger grooves in this case, I also like them on my 3" 629 (686 top, 629 bottom). I used to carry this 686 daily, but my back has been bad enough lately that I've taken to carrying a S&W SD9VE. Much lighter and easier on my messed up lower back. I still prefer the 686 :) .

Nice gun. I'm contemplating one for the same purpose. Please let us know how she shoots, and what holster you pick.

trail gun loads?

hmmm, the trails that I frequent have more four legged creatures than people (unless you go way off trail and run into the grows).

So is that 125 grain Corbon for 2 or 4 legged intruders?

I've been carrying the BB Keith hardhats for trail, but now with my .357 LCR looking for something a little hotter.

HighValley, we trail ride mules all over creation. Gun is for the occasional snake and against two legged critters. One time a loose pit bull became an extreme nuisance, but one of our mules kicked it and solved the problem.

I have a S&W 629 with a 3" bbl. and a non-fluted cylinder.

It has the OEM Hogue rubber finger-groove grips on it as well. Everything about that handgun fits me to a T.

Back