Got new accessory for Glock 19

Glockcarry007

Decided to buy the HiLight P3RGL for my Glock 19 so far happy with it.

Feel free to post any accessory you went with and let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

• Glock w P3RGL -2.jpg
    Glock w P3RGL -2.jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 66
I predict this will be replaced within 1yr.

IMHO rechargable weapon lights are a bad idea. Once the battery wears out the light is dead. rechargeables do not work well in the cold. rechargables run down while sitting, meaning you need to KEEP it charged regularly.

disposable lithium batteries typically have a 10yr shelf life, and work well in the cold.

Also, the reviews on amazon on this light are not encouraging.

My only really serious pistol light is a Streamlight TLR-1HL. My only pistol laser is a Crimson Trace. I do have Olights which I don't really trust - rechargeable battery in the compact pistol light, and if you are beyond the warranty period with a problem - adios. But they are cheap when on sale, maybe half the price of the more well known brands.

Since then Surefire has come out with a tiny pistol light that I might get someday.
In practice I only carry my pocket pistols, so I don't actually use my light much.

...rechargables run down while sitting...
The rate of self-discharge varies considerably based on battery type.

Lithium Ion rechargeables have a slow self-discharge rate. There are also now "low-discharge NiMH" batteries that have a very slow self-discharge rate and will retain something like 70% to 80% charge after sitting for a year.

But yes, the old NiCad and the standard NiMH batteries do have pretty fast self-discharge rates.

Back