Got my new Ruger KGP-141

Rob96

Today my wife took me out for my birthday present. She bought me a used but never fired Ruger KGP-141. Best of all, it only cost $269. What a deal!!!! Ever since my brother bought a KGP-141 and I fired it I fell in love. Can't wait to get it too the range.

prices

Congratulations! I am planning to get a KGP-141 as my first handgun, hopefully sometime soon. I know you got yours used, but do you (or does anyone else) know what I can reasonably expect to pay for a new one (i.e. what is a good deal for one of these)? I live in southern CA, if that matters. Thanks.

Rob96 -- Congratulations! I love the KGP-141 so much, I now have two of them. Best value revolvers around . . . excellent quality, superior reliability and durability, and outstanding out-of-the-box accuracy.

baj -- Within the last month, I bought a "new in box" KGP-141 from HunterArms at http://www.gunbroker.com for $365, including shipping and FFL transfer costs. HunterArms is a very ethical and first-class operation; the Ruger was -- as advertised -- brand new and the entire transaction was completely trouble free.

I am in the L.A./San Gabriel area.
I bought my KGP-141 about a month-ago. I just shot-it this past Saturday. It was sweet. I tested-it at 25yards, 50yards, and 100yards. I also tried .357Mag 158gr. ammo single handedly, it was a good day.

Baj,
Keep your eyes open, you never know if you will find a deal like I did. How many times do you go into a gun store and find the revolver you want being sold "As New" because it was never fired. I got a brand new gun for $100 less than NIB price, I also got the lockable box , pad lock and owners manual that didn';t even have a crease in the binding from being opened, warranty card wasn't even ripped out.

GP-100s absolutely rock!

Rob,

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the club! I'm certain you'll enjoy your new KGP-141 for long time to come.

I also have a Ruger KGP-141 .357 Magnum which is my pride and joy and is my (almost) constant companion. Ever since I picked it up at a gun show about 3 1/2 years ago, I have been highly impressed and very enamored of it. From my experience, it is the best revolver on the market today. Plus, it will last a lifetime!

Ruger's are built like tanks, easy to maintain, and mine is frighteningly accurate.

Happy blasting and enjoy your new purchase!
-Mntneer357

Rob,

I agree with SK ("Get yerself a Wolff spring kit and you'll really be happy!"), but be VERY careful putting it/them in. You can wind up with small parts (springs,etc.) all over the place. Carefully read the GP100 disassembly/reassembly instructions. It makes it a LOT easier - and you'll spend a lot less time looking for parts on the floor with a magnet. :rolleyes:

Your wife done great. Super Revolver. I kept mine bone stock. I bought the spring kit and never put it in. It is also the only gun in my safe with the factory grips. I like it just as it comes.

Back