Got my new Kahr K9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Won this little jewel at the end-of-the-year awards at a club where I compete. I've shot 'em before and knew I would like it but not sure just how much 'till Sunday.

Our local IDPA club held it's weekly shoot and I was making sure I had all the bugs out of my Springfield Ultra-Compact - I did - it worked great. We had a house clearing scenario with 6 bad guys, 2 hostages, three rooms, two hallways - 30 second par time. I shot it clean with the Ultra and, just for kicks, ran it with the new Kahr (only 15 total rounds through the gun prior to the match) with only 2 points down.

Like it - think I'll keep it!

Mikey

Greetings, Mikey. In my experience, the Kahr K9s are very fine little carry guns. Mine choked on occassion with Cor*Bon 115 gr JHPs until perhaps 200 rounds. It's never stuttered since and several thousand rounds have been fired in it. As you know, the weapon is rated for use with plus p ammunition. My only complaint with the gun is weight, but if Kahr comes out with a polymer-framed version that works, that complaint will go away when I purchase one.
Enjoy your pistol. Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back