Got my new Jennings .22 today!!

PLASTIC SIG

I was told by the salesman that the gun was built from very heavy steel in the extreme case that you have to throw the weapon at your attacker.(in case of ammo failure, of course) ;) He verified this by the picture on the box of a man throwing the gun. Everyone should have one of these

j22.jpg

Yep...paid $15 bucks for it. Any thoughts, concerns, opinions?

Tim :D

I got one back in the mid 80's for $50 and shot the hell out of it. I think it was shot about 15,000 times or more in about 10 years. Actually it was very reliable as long as I didn't use Stingers and was accurate as any other mini pocket pistol. It was good enough to hit 8" plate at 15 yards. It started to jam and accuracy really got bad one day and while cleaning it I noticed a crack along the slide rail. Next day I took it out fishing and tossed it into the great Atlantic.

Hmm, I always found my old Jennings .22 worked BETTER with Stingers.

Personally, I liked my Jennings .22. It was small, it was flat (fit in back pocket like a wallet), and it always worked for me. I even got a .25 Jennings to go with it.

Both of these are long gone (I've gotten away from teeny tiny guns), but fondly remembered. They're nothing special, but, sheesh, for $15 I'd buy a Jennings in a heartbeat. Congrats!

(Oh, and I loved the line about the drawing of the man throwing the gun!)

You could have had 3 beers for that $15 and been AHEAD of the curve... :)

I've often thought about getting one of these little crapola guns just for the heck of it. But now that I've got my Taurus TP-22, there's no reason to.

I have to admit. I too would have grabbed it for 15 bucks. I just thought the pic of the man throwing the gun on the box was funny. i dont really own a jennings. I dont belive in supporting companies that supply the inner cities with cheap firearms. but if someone was to buy it for me as a gift i would keep it.

Tim :D

If inner city single working mom with three rugrats wants to protect herself, her kids and what little possessions remain...........why deny her the option of an affordable gun.

Same goes for older person who fell between the cracks and was left with nothing but 500/mo total income.

A Jennings in hand beats two Glocks in the store.

Sam

I worked for a shop that sold at least a ton of those. Sometimes it seemed I had to try to fix 2 tons, but some worked fine and never came back. The problem seemed to be that when they worked they worked, but when you got a lemon (too often!) it drove a poor gunsmith crazy!

Jim

JENNING'S 22 PISTOLS

Last year somebody had these for sale at $36 apiece so four of us here at the plant ordered one. Three of the four have been shot extensively. Mine is popcan accurate at 25 yards but Bob can pepper a 12" plate at 100 yards continuosly. His gun will shoot with anything but Mine likes WW SUPER-X the best. I'm still amazed at how well they've worked for us; a deelightfil little popper.
Still like my ASTRA CUB and COLT JUNIOR 22short pistols the best for dinky gun can plinking. TM

I cant see how a company thats been in business as long as they have, havent had any improvements. Every gun maker that looks to elvolve into a decent firearm company is constantly making changes to better themselves. They started as "less that desireable" and as far as i know, they are still less than desireable. That tells me that this company is not out to please its customers, but to make a quick buck.

P.S. If 1/2 of the guns bought from jennings are sent back for repair. How do they stay in business?

Cheap guns are still covered under the Constitution!

I'm with Sam on this one. You cannot set a quality limitation on a gun that is that cheap. If the gun is dangerous to its owner, then I would take issue with it. If, however, it performs as it should but is prone to jamming or breakage, that's still the right of the buyer to not buy one. A person has a right to keep and bear arms given to them by God and the US Constitution. 'Shall not be infringed' applies here.

I won't own one though. Do have a Tanfoglio GT-27 though!

>If inner city single working mom with three rugrats wants to protect herself, her kids and what little possessions remain...........why deny her the option of an affordable gun.

>Same goes for older person who fell between the cracks and was left with nothing but 500/mo total income.

>A Jennings in hand beats two Glocks in the store.

>Sam

I agree in principle but if that single mom is relying on one of these guns for defense, she may be putting herself at greater risk by thinking she is armed. The Jennings (.380 and 9mm) I owned were not reliable at all and could not be depended on to perform their expected task when needed. It was for that reason that I got rid of them. As you all know, You can't call timeout to clear a jam or light strike!

"I agree totally. A $100 jennings would stay in the store while I left with a $99 makarov. Or an old $100 revolver. " said Plastic Sig.

Not a lot of $99 Maks in this neck of the woods. They go for $170 to $200. Haven't seen any $100 revolvers in a while, either. You must live someplace where guns are substantially cheaper than here, I guess.
I owned a Jennings for several years back in the 80s. I puy a good many rounds through it with only an occasional jam, the jams resulted after the gun began to get caked with filth. A good hosing with solvent and it would work fine for another 500 rounds or so. Eventually, I gave it as a gift to a friend who was a teetering on the edge of being anti-gun. I took him shooting one day and at the conclusion of the session I presented the gun to him. I had an FFL in those days and handled the transfer myself. Possessing even an inexpensive handgun turned him into a pro-2nd ammendment person. He even joined the NRA. So, I'd say that Jennings was an outstanding value in many ways.

The greatest contribution to society that an inner city mom could ever do would be to practice birth control, from the time that she's 12-yrs.-old. But then, that'd mean no more criminals; no more cops, etc.; no more DemocRATs in office.

The best deal I ever made on a gun was a Jennings. Bought one used for thirty five bucks, it propably would'nt fire, drove five blocks down the road and traded it in at a buy back program for a 100 dollar gift certificate at Toys-our-Us.(had little kids back then)As far as actually depending on one to defend myself, no way.

Back