Got my new 40!!!

mvdemarco

I was thinking about the USP or the G22 but I walked out of the local gun shop with a G23!! Go figure!?!? I just like the way it fit my hand. Mine has the Meprolight nite sites and went for $560 brand new. Sound like a good deal? I feel like a kid with a new toy! I'll give feedback after I get it to the range.

Mike

I believe that's a good price for a G-23 with night sites. The G-23/G-19 size Glock are my favorites. To me there're a perfect size. Good Luck at the range. Best, J. Parker

welcome to the world of Glocks! I bought my G30 about 8 months ago and love it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. My first handgun was a colt 1991a1 which I traded for the Glock. I dont regreat my trade one bit. I still like the colts and will probably buy another one soon. Stay safe and safe shooting

Now that you got the gun...
You'll need Leather and you'll need to pick a carry load for it.

I suggest the Cor-Bon 135 grain +P load.

Congrats on the purchase... if it fit you, you really can't go wrong.

I personally prefer kydex holsters for Glocks and I like the Speer Gold Dots in 155/165grs... :D

Not too sure about "+P" in a .40. What fps is that zooming out at?

Outstanding!

If I were going after a .40 S&W, that's the one I would have gotten, too. I carry a G19, which is the same size, and I think it's the best package Glock has put together.

If I recall correctly, there was an article in Handguns magazine several months ago about "one-shot stoppers". Okay, now that everyone has rolled their eyes, let me finish. According to his review of the data, the 155-gr JHP was number one on the list. The 165-gr JHP was third or fourth. Personally, I've always liked a heavier bullet at a little slower speed than the lightest, fastest thing I could find. I'd probably go with the 165-gr, unless I could find a 180-gr +P load.

Any way you slice it, you done good! Now go practice!

Mike:

You are brilliant. I love mine and consider it an awsome balance of power, capacity and concealability for a personal defense weapon, nay personal defense system.

I am stoking 180 grain Fed Hydrashoks now but that is subject to change. Don't laugh but I carry it in Uncle Mike's pancake under clothing by choice.

Just my $0.02 -

I have found CCI Gold Dot JHPs in 165 grains to be very accurate and controllable loads for a G23. I have also shot the 135gr CorBons without a hitch, but I prefer a little heavier bullet. I found 180 grain JHPs of several makes to be very accurate also, but the recoil seemed less pleasant compared to 155-165 grain offerings.

For the record, the .40 Auto operates at very high pressure levels and there is NO such thing as a +P standard for .40 Auto. Anyone who loads .40 Auto beyond SAAMI is asking for trouble.

Back