Got my G29 today, what should I expect when I try it out tomorrow?

• Thread starter Thread starter Beretta9MM
  • Start date Start date
B

Beretta9MM

Hello everyone. I caved to all the hype on the G29 10mm and picked one up today. I currently own a G20 and love it. I purchased the G29 for concealed carry, i think it will be easier to conceal than my G20. I am wondering what kind of recoil does the G29 give? It fits my hand ok, with the mag extension, I guess I want to know what to expect, and i sure hope I am not dissapointed....Any and all input from you fellow G29 shooters will, as always, be much appreciated...

Well...

Depends on what you load it with. Most 180gr ball range ammo varies from standard .40 cal velocities up to maybe 100fps faster. Firing this stuff, the G29 feels like a mild G23; a similar recoil impulse, but damped by a heavier slide and spread over a wider backstrap. With regular 10mm ammo (Silvertips and such) is feels like a my .45 G30 with +P's, only with a bit more muzzle blast. Only with the very hottest 10mm loads (the old Norma, Cor-Bon and ProLoad 180JHP's, and Cor-Bon hunting ammo, and other loads of that ilk) do I notice enough recoil and muzzle flip to slow down double taps and such.

Tamara,

what about the Triton Quick Shock, hope i am spelling it right, is that a good defense round? I am in arkansas, and cant find any triton ammo here, i currently carry 175 silvertip in my G20. I am hoping the G29 will become my primary carry weapon, i am new to the 10mm, and want to be sure i do things right....,

Thanks Tamara for responding and sharing your insight..

Back