Got my C&R Application

Purity

Well I got my C&R application today, I ordered it April 13th.
FYI I ordered the application online through the BATF website. I been wondering about where it was, but wrote it off as they were behind with all the post-election hysteria.

I'm filling it out now and will mail it in the morning, and we will see how long it takes to arrive.

i actually got mines 3 days ago and jesus i had to wait a long time to get it. i have two questions on what you put.

1- on #9 where it asks a series of questions like name,address,country of citizenship and dob and etc. what did you put for position and social? i was wondering wether to put for position either owner or collector?

2- and all the way in #15 where you actually sign and date it there is a space in between that says "title" what did you put there?

also one more question in number on number 11A, if i asnwered yes sicne i recently got my concealed wepaons permit what do i put in a seperate sheet of paper like it states to attach? just an explanation or a copy of the license?

Below i have added pics so it easier to understand.

Attachments

• C&R page 1.jpg
    C&R page 1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 31
  • C&R page 3.jpg
    C&R page 3.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 22
  • C&R page 2.jpg
    C&R page 2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I used the term "Owner" for position and of course my SSAN.

Your CCW is not a federal license.
I had to add a separate sheet of paper as I work part-time for a range that has an FFL.

On # 9 I put my SSN and for position I put "collector"

#15 just put "Mister" I thought it means title like "Mr. Ms. Dr." etc. But now I'm second guessing :confused: try calling the number on the back if you wanna be sure.

As for 11a I read it as had I ever held a Federal Firearms License (FFL) since we don't have any form of carry permits in IL I didn't even think of that. I would think since your CWP is state issued I don't think its what their referring to.

Again I suggest calling them, maybe I should have..oh well if they return it with sticky notes I'll fix it and try again.

Back